Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week Two - Day 4 -Judo

Today I went to my first Judo class! I've been trying to get into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and today talked with a Judo instructor who said he would train me in both!!! I went to the Academy of Modern Martial Arts for a free class and discovered that they teach both Jiu Jitsu and Judo along with 5 other martial art styles. I was there from 6pm to 7:30pm getting thrown and falling (they taught me how to fall, as if that didn't come naturally) and throwing my partner who is from Kazakhstan ;) and having a great time learning. It has been some time since my mind has been stimulated in such a way that makes me feel like a kindergartener. I plan to start training at the AMMA as much as I can and hope to learn much along the way! Check out the web site www.ammacs.com for info and schedules.
Tonight Jordan and I walked to the HEB with Greta and got grocery's. I love talking to my fiancee about life and relationships and everything!!! I love you Jordan!!!

Sleep: 7 hrs

Zone: Total = 18 Blocks
Breakfast 4P,5C,3F
Lunch 5P,5C,5F
Snack 2P,2C,2F
Dinner 5P,5C,5F
Snack 2P,2C,2F - 2 cups of Milk before Bed.
WOD: Time 3:50
21-15-9
Burpees
Pull Ups

CFE: Tabata Run 20/10 , Distance=970m
Judo: 1.5 hrs

1 comment:

Samuel Adams said...

Is your partner's name Aibek? If so, he was my yoga partner last summer!

Eastern-originating physical activities are weird like that.