Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thoughts on Blogs, Information, Whisky and Community

For the past three weeks I have been writing and sharing my thoughts, workouts and ideas on this blog. "Fights will go on as long as they have to" was started as a workout log/information giver/interesting ideas/news ticker... also because I had finished teaching for the semester and had a lot of time to kill! This being said... I have been "called out" on my blogging by some people in my community. They feel my Monday post titled, "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu- A History of the Gentle Art" misled them to believe that my writing skills and pronoun use far exceeded that of a middle school math teacher. When they finished reading the blog the bomb hit as they read the words,

Taken from- www.ibjjf.org "International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation"

They said, "that it was great, but if it had been cited at the top of the post they would not have read it."

This "call out" gives me the perfect opportunity to say that YES! I took that article from www.ibjjf.org and put it on my blog because I think it did a much better job of summing up the history of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu than I ever could.

So... if you continue to read my blog which I really really want all 4 of you to do~ know that sometimes I will paste articles from the web that you may never see anywhere else! Again, Kathryn and Drew, thank you for giving me something to write about today!

-Taken from "Danny's Brain- A History of Danny's Brain"

WOD
2 rounds for time:
20 calorie row
20 wall ball (16 lbs)
20 KB swings (52.8 lbs)
20 burpees
20 DB thrusters(25 lbs)
20 slam ball(20 lbs)

This WOD killed me!! Time- 16:00

(can't wait for the Scrubs soccer game tonight)

3 comments:

thad said...

Five. (But I don't read for the workout reports. I'm mostly here for the kitten posts.)

Samuel Adams said...

Brazilian Jui Jitzu? 1989 Tour de France? Burpees? What the hell is going on with you? Some things are delightfully familiar, like fixed gears and teaching, but then others leave me completely baffled, like the WD Thrusters and excel charts.

But you're still there, and that's all that matters.

I can't wait til the fall. I wish I could be with you and your community now.

The live music scene in Kigali is extremely lacking, so me and a coworker are going to perform a coffee house session at Bourbon Coffee in a month or so!! David Arthur Adams/Richard Street Orchestra prepared me for such a time as this! If only I had an accordian, a ukulele and a beautiful manly voice to accompany me...

Unknown said...

Six now. Thanks to the comment on the newly revised SamuelBadams site I'll be sure to add ya to the nightshift bloghop here at the hospital up in Moscow- that's IDAHO! We feed the patients potatoes and use potatoscopes to listen to their tickers. I'm checking my blogs on a potatopeel screen! Tell your lovely ladyfriend a big hullo.