Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week Four - Day 3 - Eating Humble Pie

For the past two days I have been experiencing what people in the South call... "humble pie"... I have actuality been eating it! If you are not familiar with the word... you might remember seeing it quilted on your Grandmothers blanket or embroidered on a handkerchief hung in glass right next to the door. Or maybe you remember the sixties folk group... Humble Pie?


Jordan (aka. Soul Mate) has been feeding me double doses of this stuff and it tastes great. Every morning we meet at CrossFit (aka. garage gym) and push each other into the world of pain and excitement... together... and let me say this again... we do it TOGETHER~ She pushes me and I push her. We win and compete and encourage and it is great, because I always win!!! Drew Cavin beat me twice and I was OK with that. He is an amazing athlete. BUT---- Jordan~ who is also an amazing athlete and who has been athletic since she was born is now raising the bar for Team Morchat! She has beaten me for the past two workouts and it really feels good, for three reasons.

1. She is my sole mate and I love to see her succeed and win, even if this means beating me!
2. She has completely changed as far as athletic ability from really good to fucking awesome!!!
3. She is always smiling no matter what is happening to her body (pain, hurt, sweat, dirt,etc.) and she is always joking around when the WOD's are finished!

Today I have a better understanding of what it is to live and share life with her. We are Team Morchat and no matter what place I finish or who beats me, she will always be at my side pushing and laughing and encouraging me to a be better! If this trend continues she will be first and I will need to step it up to her level. I love you Jordan!!! Life with you is complete!

Sleep: 7 hrs

Zone: Total Blocks = 17
Breakfast 4
Lunch 4
Snack 3
Dinner 4
Snack 2

WOD: For Time
21 Over Head Squat - 3 Wall Ball
18 OHS - 6 Wall Ball
15 OHS - 9 Wall Ball
12 OHS -12 Wall Ball
9 OHS - 15 Wall Ball
6 OHS - 18 Wall Ball
3 OHS - 21 Wall Ball

Jordan = 13:37 (33lb OHS/ 6lb Wall Ball) She killed it!!
Danny = 13:49 (65lb OHS/ 20lb Wall Ball)

CFE:
1min on, 1 min off
50 sec on, 50 sec off
40 sec on, 40 sec off
30 sec on, 30 sec off
20 sec on, 20 sec off
10 sec on, 10 sec off - then go back up the ladder until you finish with 1 min on.
Distance= 2400 m/ 1.5 miles (I had a really good CFE workout)

1 comment:

jordan said...

you are the sweetest man... i love you.