Monday, July 21, 2008

Daily Food Diary

Here is the question... How can I dial-in my diet?

Answer... Write down everything you eat for a week and see where you fall short.
Everything seems to be a formula?... Well, this is because your body is a machine and if your machine needs rocket fuel, don't put regular gas in it!!! You need to give you body what it wants and for me with my CrossFit training and Judo and CFE... I need to pump rocket fuel into my system.

As I finished "The Hard Routine" I came to understand how much diet plays into everyday fitness and then into elite fitness. I use Dr. Barry Sears-Zone Diet- to track my intake and measure my foods. This week Jordan and I will be doing another experiment in nutrition... we will be recording our food. Everything and I mean everything...

Breakfast - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup strawberries, 1 Apple, 1 Plum, 48oz water (4 Blocks)
Lunch - 4oz Deli Turkey, 1oz Munster Cheese, 1 Apple, 1 Orange, 1 Beer (5 Blocks)
Snack -1 Clif Builders Bar, 1 cup whole milk (4 Blocks)
Dinner - 5oz Buffalo Meat, 1.5 cup broccoli, 1 slice of bread, 1/2 avocado, 2 beer (5 Blocks)
Late night Snack - 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup whole milk (2 Blocks)

Total Blocks = 20

WOD: 3 rounds for time
50 double unders
20 sit ups
20 cross chops (30lb DB)
Time= 10:14

CFE: Tabata Run - distance covered = 950 m

No comments: