Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Morning Decaf Coffee...

Every morning I wake up and start heating water on the stove. I grind 1/4 cup of decaf espresso coffee beans and get the coffee press ready. I pour just a little water in with the beans to open up the flavor pours (this is called "Flowering the Beans") and then wait... this really means I turn on the boob tube and watch the Tour de France. When the beans have flowered I pour the boiling water into the press and let it brew for 5-10 min and then push the press, pour the coffee into my beautiful coffee mug (with cool stickers) and enjoy. Sometimes I go outside with the dog or sit and watch more Tour de France. Team Garmin-Chipotle is doing really well and they are the team I'm cheering for!! I drink decaf because I stopped drinking caffeine, but still love the smell and taste of coffee. It is a comfort drink for me... especially in the morning.
Here are some links to good fairly traded (helps the farmer), shade grown (saves the earth), organic (helps our bodies) beans:
Breakfast -1 cup cottage cheese, 2 cup strawberries, 1 apple, 2 cups milk, 2 cups of decaf coffee, 32oz water (6 blocks)
Lunch - 4 oz ground buffalo, 1 apple, 1 plum, 1 cup papaya, 16 oz water (4 blocks)
Snack - 16 oz water, 1 Clif Builder's bar, 1 cup soy milk (4 blocks)
Dinner - 5 oz grilled chicken, 1 cup butternut squash soup, 1 cup mac'n cheese (5 blocks)
Snack - 1 cup 2% milk (1 block)

Total Blocks = 20

WOD: Rest Day

Judo: 6:15pm - 7:45 - Throws, groundwork, grip fighting

No comments: