Wednesday, January 21, 2009

wise words from Jonny Kalaher...

Today, after Jonny and I did the main site WOD we started to talk about why we do CrossFit and why do we change our diet and why we go 3 days on and 1 day off.... etc...
(you see Jonny and I seem to get real philosophical after we workout)
Jonny told me, "the games are fucking me up... I used to have a beer after I worked out and now I'm (pointing to his glass of water) I mean it used to be fun and not work"
Let me restate Jonny's words, "It used to be fun and not work!"
That is so true... when Drew and I got into this CrossFit thing it was fun. We talked about new ideas and read new articles and spent 1-2 hours a day on the site watching videos and such, but now with the games, about 25% of the time I feel like I can't let myself down. It is almost as if there is something to lose if I don't do well at the Regional Qualifiers in Fort Worth.? I don't know, but to me CrossFit is fun and new and exciting and life changing, and if you like something 80% of the time then you are on the right track! Well... I like CrossFit 90% of the time and will continue to get better at everything by specializing in nothing! I will work my ass off even if Jonny beats me in every workout..... why? because it feels good and I am a better person because of Jonny and Marshall and Dutch and Drew and Jenny and especially Jordan!!! CrossFit brings out great things in me! Period!!!

Tuesday WOD:
-----------------------
AMRAP- 15min
10 Front Squats (128)
20 Sit Ups
5 Push Press (128)
----------------------
Danny= 8 rounds
Jonny= 10 rounds + 4 FS


Wednesday WOD:
---------------------
For time:
15 Handstand push-ups
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups
1 Handstand push-up
15 L Pull-ups
------------------------
Jonny= 14:46 Rx'd
Danny= 14:46 ( sub pike push ups for HSPU)

No comments: