Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fasting-Day One


Last night in the car with JoJo we talked about what it was to fast. We talked about the spiritual aspects and the health aspects and the communal aspects... we talked about when we use to fast at "The Treehouse" and what it did to us as a couple. Fasting brought us together with one focus. We prayed, talked, complained and then ate together. I read a book called,"The Spirit of the Disciplines" by Dallas Willard and learned about the deepness and freedom that comes from fasting.

Last night after Jordan and I ate dinner I started my fast. I will continue the fast until Wednesday night. I will break the fast with Jordan and comm group. It will be a total of 48 hours where I will only drink water and some juices such as beets, carrots, apples, and tomatoes. The juices are for the health benefits that come from a fast.

WOD:
Run 1 mile (5:28)
Two minutes of each:
Row (Concept 2 Rower at level 7) (29)
30 pound Dumbbell thrusters (31)
20 pound Medicine ball cleans (16)
Double-unders (43)
Pull-ups (17)

My total was 136 and my mile was 5:28

No comments: