Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanks "Clean" Giving

(our new/old Polaroid camera)

Getting back on "The Hard Routine" has been a fresh jump into what CrossFit was for me when I first started. I feel strong, alive and healthy. My mind is clear and I've been sleeping much better.
On Tuesday I worked with Dutch and Jonny on my cleans and did single/double lifts up to a 195lb clean. My technique on the lift improved during the coaching session and it felt good to have Dutch tell me that my form looked good! Marshall, Jonny and I did a quick WOD after we lifted that felt really good. We ate Thanksgiving dinner with our comm group and enjoyed laughter and love and prayer.
On Wednesday I woke up with my wife and drank some coffee before being dropped off at the CrossFit gym for another coaching session with Dutch Lowy. Jonny and I started with the "Burgener Warm-up" (click here) and then did about 20 lifts with only the bar while Dutch taught us how to feel when we didn't hit the lift perfect. He was teaching us how to coach ourselves. We then moved up to 135, 155, 185, and I continued to hit the form and got a new Clean PR of 208lbs!!!!
It felt great to do the olympic lifts with correct form and to have Dutch there coaching me!

We ate lunch with my folks and then drove to Odessa to have Thanksgiving with Jordan's parents.

Tuesday:
Zone= 4,4,2,6 - 16 blocks
Lifts: Clean technique/ Max = 195lbs
WOD:
50-30-10 Double Unders
5-3-1 Rope Climbs (15ft)
Time= 4:27
Sleep: 7 hrs

Wednesday:
Zone= 4,4,2,4,2 - 16 blocks
Lifts: Clean Max = 208lbs New PR!!!
Sleep= 9 hrs

No comments: