Monday, December 15, 2008

Post 104...

Quick update...

I'm feeling great and everything is working well for me right now. I talked with a friend about training for the 2009 CrossFit Games in 2009.

CrossFit Games.com put out this release ,
"The official dates for the 2009 CrossFit Games will be July 11-12, 2009.

The exact format of the Games will not be announced until July. It is likely to be quite different from the 2008 format.

The 2009 Games will not be open enrollment. There will be no scaling. You must qualify to enter. Adequate performance in the 2008 Games will count. There will be a series of qualifying events around the country (world) in May, 2009."

Jonny Kalaher and I will start officially training in mid January and will keep everyone updated on our progress. We are shooting for the qualifying event and if that takes us to the big show then so be it! That would be great, but first things first!

On Saturday I did a great WOD with Jordan...

3 rounds for time:

50 box jumps

21 Deadlifts (185)

30 Pull Ups

______________

Danny: Rx'd = 12:27

Jordan: w/53 = 18:38

Sunday I took a rest day with Jordan and started getting ready for our trip to Thailand! We will be gone for 13 days and can't wait to start exploring!

Today I did a WOD from the 2008 Games.

275lb Deadlift, 5 reps

10 Burpees

I used the games standard of not being able to let go of the bar on the DL and full hip extension on the burpees.

Time: 4:17

I hope to be able to trim 1min to 1.5 off of that time before I can even start to be up with the best.

I love you all and will update when I can!

peace


1 comment:

kathryn said...

Have an awesome trip! I look forward to seeing the pictures! :)